Family law can be incredibly complex, particularly regarding such volatile issues as divorce, child custody, and support issues. The following resources will provide you with helpful information about some of these topics, and will help you prepare for your meeting with a family lawyer.
- Visit the California Courts website for an explanation of child custody and visitation orders.
- Community property can be a misnomer, and the division of assets varies based on complicated state laws.
- A California law passed in 2011 may extend the process of getting a divorce, and make it a bit more costly as well.
- Read this Huffington Post editorial for an informative analysis of California’s divorce laws.
- The Family Code provides the applicable state laws when it comes to child custody issues in California.
If you are considering filing for divorce or have any questions about child custody, call Moreno Family Law at (408) 266-9011. We specialize in helping clients resolve these issues, and you can trust that we will use our experience to fight for your rights