If you enjoyed our posts about alimony and California restraining orders, take a look at these other great resources. No matter where you are in the divorce process, there is a high likelihood that speaking to an attorney can help your proceedings. A lawyer can help you maximize time with your kids and work out a favorable alimony payment. If you live in San Jose area, call Moreno Family Law at (408) 266-9011 to schedule a free consultation. We can help apply the law to best suit your family situation.
- A domestic violence restraining order is often necessary if your former spouse is stalking, harassing, or threatening you. The California Courts website explains more.
- Alimony determinations can take a number of different factors into consideration. California Family Code § 4320 contains parameters for judges to look at.
- Separation and divorce can be hard on your kids. Here is an informative article on how to help kids with divorce.
- If you live in fear of your spouse because of domestic violence, the California Department of Public Health has resources and shelters where you can turn.
- Are you worried about how the State of California will treat your alimony payments when it comes to tax time? Look through this brochure from the state’s Franchise Tax Board to learn all about it.